Tuesday 31 October 2006

Hatty, Patty and Dick

In addition to not depriving me of Gordon Brown's members-only email on climate change today, my "auto-exclusion" from the Labour Party has not deprived me of two of my three votes in the forthcoming elections for Leader and Deputy Leader.

The latter contest is the interesting one. My first preferences will be for the sound Eurosceptic, and sound enough Catholic, Jon Cruddas; and my second preferences will be for Hilary Benn, still known to oppose the Euro and to favour restoring the supremacy of British over EU law. If I indicate third preferences, then they will be the erstwhile Maastricht rebel, Peter Hain.

However, I will not be voting for the war criminal, Jack Straw. I will not be voting for the French-style rabid secularist, Alan Johnson. And I will certainly not be voting for Harriet Harman. Wasn't the old National Council for Civil Liberties hand in glove with the old Paedophile Information Exchange back in the days when the former was run by Hatty and Patty? Yet now Hatty wants to be Deputy Leader, while Patty is actually responsible for social services throughout England. Worth looking into, I feel.

And then there is Richard Dawkins, on record that sexual abuse is less serious than bringing up a child Catholic in the first place, as well as that his own interference with at prep school did him no harm whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment