Thursday 15 February 2007

I hate to break the news to you, but I'm not scared

Just sent, with all the usual Cc-es and then some; feel free, dear reader, to take your own action against this attempt by the powers that be to intimidate out of existence any electoral alternative to Blameronism:

Dear Ms Antao,

I am writing to protest in the strongest possible terms at your own and the Standards Board for England's display of political partiality in an attempt to interfere in the electoral process, namely your letter to me dated 13th February 2007. I shall not bore those to whom this email has been copied with the trivial details, save to say that you quote directly from my private correspondence, obtained I know not how. Nor will I deal, at least at this point, with the complainant's history of verbal abuse towards me, which I have hitherto been willing to let go.

Were not that complainant (Neil Fleming) Hilary Armstrong's researcher and her preferred successor as MP for this seat of Durham North-West, then you would have binned this matter: you (both you personally, and the Standards Board for England) are giving him preferential treatment for that reason, and because, like him, you know that I am engaged in trying to create a national network of parliamentary candidates, of all parties and none, to give the electorate the real choice that is currently being denied them. Like him, you have decided to strangle that network in the cradle by going after me, incidentally thus making it impossible for me to contest my Lanchester Parish Council seat or a Derwentside District Council seat (with which I was not going to bother this time, until now) this year. In league with a member of a Cabinet Minister's staff, the Standards Board for England, as such, is engaged in a personal, ideological and publicly funded campaign to influence the electoral process unduly at Parish, Ward and parliamentary level, including against a named individual's candidacy.

This scandal will be proved beyond reasonable doubt if any further action is taken with regard to this matter, and/or if I do not receive, by 20th February 2007 (i.e., one week after your original letter), your full written apology, both in your personal capacity and on behalf of the Standards Board for England, and both for any distress caused to me and for attempting to perpetuate the disenfranchisement of great swathes of the people who pay your wages; together with some just compensation both for that distress and for the working day that I have had to devote to this disgraceful and ridiculous situation. I pass no comment, at least here or now, on your fitness or otherwise for your job.

Furthermore, please be aware that I have blind carbon copied this email to organisations with histories of picketing and other direct action, which campaign on issues that I am trying to put on the parliamentary and the wider national agenda, from which they have been excluded by politicians who happen to be ideologically acceptable to you personally or to the Standards Board for England, as such.

Those organisations might care to know that your work address is First Floor, Cottons Centre, Cottons Lane, London, SE1 2QG, direct line 020 7378 5102, fax 020 7378 5005, email eva.antao@standardsboard.co.uk. They might care to know that Lanchester Parish Council next meets at 6:30pm on Tuesday 13th March 2007, at Park House, Lanchester, County Durham (next to the King's Head public house, right by the village green). They might care to know that Fleming's work address is North House, 17 North Road, Crook, County Durham, telephone 01388 767 065, fax 01388 767 923, email FlemingN@parliament.uk. They might care to know that Fleming's home address is 11 Broadoak Drive, Lanchester, County Durham, telephone 01207 520 987, mobile 07968 791 272, email flemingn@btopenworld.com. And they might feel free to pass on this information however they see fit.

Furthermore, please be aware that this email will be posted on http://davidaslindsay.blogspot.com/, as will any further correspondence in relation to this matter. Object to that in any way, and all my points will be proved. Again.

Yours sincerely,

David Lindsay (Councillor)

No comments:

Post a Comment