Friday 25 March 2011

Style

As I have been forced to comment on Ed West's blog post about Syria:

If The Times ever reported any such thing, then it is news to me, and to them. Not anyone would have read it in that, anyway.

As a friend of mine calls it about the people who pursue me across the Internet, "David Lindsay Derangement Syndrome". I am glad no longer to be associated with an outfit that is capable of being screamed into submission by these people, who obviously have all the time in the world and are completely obsessed with me. At least one of them is an embittered university contemporary of mine with a history of drug problems.

They - the same individuals - did the same thing to Neil Clark for years and years, but they seem to have been forced into silence by what is now his well-deserved ubiquity, in stark contrast to them.

At least one present Telegraph blogger, whom I greatly enjoy, does have a Trotskyist background, but that is not something to which I have ever referred. At least they have given up claiming that I am not a College Tutor at Durham even though the University Calendar clearly says that I am; there are those who say that I should sue Damian Thompson for acting on that defamatory claim, but I think that is not my style.

As for the stance of being prepared to die for America in a war against Britain and for Israel in a war against America, I thought that that was what you liked about the Telegraph? After all, it's not exactly very Tory. Those who do not like it, as many a London resident would not, should note than Dr Thompson’s home address is given in Who’s Who. What was I saying about what is not my style, and what is?

8 comments:

  1. What did you ever do to them, apart from show up that they did not deserve to be at university and had stolen someone else's places?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have answered your own question there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you do if someone murdered Damian Thompson?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pray for the repose of his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We thought you had sold out when you went to work for the self-appointed voice of orthodoxy in the English Church. If someone does rub him out for applauding the genocide of Catholics in Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq, Iran and Turkey, they should build a public toilet over his grave, for cottaging purposes. It is what he would have wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have held back on this point up to now. But I think we all know why he is so keen to flood the Catholic Church with the Anglo-Catholic subculture of London and the South Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a good Thomist you know that morality and aesthetics are really identical. You should run a competition for the most aesthetically and therefore morally satisfying way for Damian Thompson to die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And that, dear reader, was the nicest of the traddie comments submitted. For a man who thinks that he is their leader...

    It wouldn't work without pictures, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete