Tuesday 14 February 2012

Positive Outlook

I yield to none in my scorn for the rating agencies, which passed all those subprime lenders all those years, and whose bias towards the United States is surpassed only by their bias towards the socially liberal, globally adventurist Wall Street wing of the Republican Party.

But I am neither a member nor a supporter of the Coalition: I am not a Conservative, I am not a Lib Dem, and I am not a Blairite. Unlike George Osborne (who ought to be too posh to be a Thatcherite neocon, but instead seems to be earning his Bullingdon nickname of "Oik"), or Danny Alexander and the Orange Bookies, or David Miliband and his flame-keepers, I do not have a bias towards the United States surpassed only by my bias towards the socially liberal, globally adventurist Wall Street wing of the Republican Party.

On this of all days, what a tragic thing is unrequited love. It would take a heart of stone not to laugh.

3 comments:

  1. And people say that you are not left-wing. This and today's reprints illustrate the point that the most left-wing people in Anglophone parties of the Left are the socially conservative patriots. Less so on the Continent and in its former empires, because the Left there mostly has Marxist roots. But you still get it in places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think of the inflation figure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still well above target. They always used to say of their measures that, harsh though they were, at least they kept inflation down. So much for that now.

    ReplyDelete