Monday 21 January 2013

A Very Full Day

Thank you for all your many messages asking me to instruct the Pope to tweet in Latin.

I did, and he is therefore now doing so. I am glad to have been of service.

The school where I was a pupil for seven years and a governor for eight has been on the national news.

Lanchester is on quite a bit, in fact. Either for the floods. Or for the snow.

On which note, I am most put out that the snow has kept me on these shores, leaving dear Michelle to hold the Bible instead.

But just so long as dear Barack has once again been sworn in on it. Even he, it seems, cannot control the weather.

And let's face it, I am going to be asked by plenty of his successors. I am David Lindsay, darling.

2 comments:

  1. Auberon Waugh and Peter Simple will never die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you do flatter me. My next book is to be dedicated to the memories of Paul Foot, Alan Watkins, Auberon Waugh and Michael Wharton (Peter Simple).

    ReplyDelete