Saturday 22 June 2013

Friends Like These

In the words of Douglas Murray:

I don’t think, so far as I can remember, that I have ever previously found any sympathy with the sayings of top Islamist cleric Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi. But I do appreciate his recent sentiment that Hezbollah is in fact not the ‘Army of God’ but rather the ‘Army of Satan.’ And I can find only one fault in his recent rallying cry, backed by the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Abdul Aziz al-Asheik (with whom he has usually disagreed), that ‘every Muslim trained to fight and capable of doing that [must] make himself available’ for Jihad in Syria against Bashar al-Assad and Hezbollah.

Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, the new regime in Egypt. Even the UAE and Jordan are not exactly beacons.

Yet such is the company that we, the French, the Germans, the Italians and the Americans now keep.

Douglas Murray approves. Which says it all, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment