Sunday 7 January 2018

What Goes On Tour

As part of a national tour, 3rd February in Newcastle will see a meeting by the Stop the War Coalition, entitled "Why We Need An Anti-War Government". But that meeting is to be addressed by Laura Pidcock MP, whose election literature last year featured her predecessor but one, Hilary Armstrong, who was the Government Chief Whip at the time of the invasion of Iraq.

It seems to be considered newsworthy that supporters of the twice-elected Leader of the Labour Party are on course to win the three new seats on that party's National Executive Committee. Many years ago, Armstrong and her teaboy, and preferred successor, kept me off that body by spitefully denying me the nomination of my home Constituency Labour Party, although of course no gun was held to anyone's head.

The pillars and bulwarks of that CLP might care to keep that in mind when they come crying to me about Pidcock, as if I could do anything about her. I cannot, and whose fault is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment